Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Tuesdays Gone with the Wind

Tuesday is the day Beckham spends with GiGi. It's one of the greatest blessings to have family around for Becks to spend time with, but for some reason today was particularly difficult to say goodbye to him and go to work.

He was so happy in the car entertaining me with his noises (usually around 30 minutes or so into our trip he's ready to get out of his car seat... and since Riverview is an hour away from everything, its just the way our car experience goes). He gave Gigi besos (kisses) as soon as he saw her and was content as can be while we got his breakfast ready.

I found myself thinking about just how big and grown up he is - how much he has changed in 5 months. It was like a scene from a cheesy TV show, and I just wanted to spend the day watching the Bubbacito.

I finally got to play with him later in the evening. I am determined to make "dada" Becks' first word, so we practiced for most of the evening. He just smiles and coos but I know he's getting it. It's just good to watch him react to me in distinct ways - like he knows mommy still rules, but there are some special things just for dad! Like this picture...



Becks eating dinner last night... he looked at me half way through like "you're not Mom?!?!".

3 comments:

  1. Okay, he looks so much like you in this picture. Are me and Tara the only people reading this blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess... I blame my wonderful wife for not keeping fresh content to hold the attention of the masses.

    ReplyDelete