Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Briefest of Evenings


This is how I spent my evening with my son.

Beckham decided he was 12 and didn't nap all day. So when I came home, expecting a son filled with wonderment to engage and play with, Becks fell asleep while drinking his bottle. Not just dreary-eyed asleep for a second, but like I could have tossed him into the crib from the family room and he wouldn't wake up asleep.

I spent the bulk of my day thinking about how I wanted to spend my time with my son, what I wanted to do with him before mommy returns home and I become irrelevant... and 15 minutes into my glorious litany of activities, I find myself alone with the monitor.

Such is fatherhood...

1 comment:

  1. Aww, just you and the monitor... At least it gave you time to talk to your seeester!! :)

    ReplyDelete