Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Up In The Air

I'm sitting here at Panera waiting for my much anticipated phone call... any minute now I will find out my future at Takeda. There are three options and I really am okay with two of them - I keep the best part time gig in the world or I lose my job and get to stay home with my little man. It's the one in the middle that has me on my knees, literally. They could dissolve my job share and offer me a full-time position. I have no idea what I will do.


I got a little emotional for the first time driving home yesterday. This job was a godsend. Without it, I would probably still be waking up at midnight and working holidays at my "dream" television job. I couldn't be more thankful for my three-and-a-half year tenure at Takeda. It has been such an amazing experience - both professionally and personally. I could go on and on about the things I did, the places I went, the people I met and the things I learned. But, no one really cares. I was exactly where God wanted me and there's no better feeling. And this hour I trust the same - His best is where I'll be.

I thought I had more pictures on my laptop to share, but these are the only two pictures I could find.



Here I am at a Diabetes Convention with two famous ACTOS characters! I got to know two wonderful Takeda reps - Shannon and Misty. We had a great time in DC!



We are with a Diabetes legend - Dr. Ralph DeFronzo. After our program, we headed to The Ritz in Sarasota for some live music. Jordan, my partner until this April (beautiful blonde on the far right), and I started just a month apart from each other. We literally learned this business together. We were the two newbies in Sarasota. When Susan told me she had hired me a partner, she said I would LOVE her! She couldn't be more right! Jordan is more than a business partner (I think I talk to her on the phone more than anyone I know!)... she is truly one of my dearest friends.

And because I wouldn't be here without her, I had to include a picture of my hiring manager and sweet friend! Susan and I are far from work here - in the Holy Land when we went back in 2007. She taught me everything I know about this business and I owe her everything for that! Thank you, Susan for giving me this incredible opportunity! I am praying for your future - God is going to do great things!

Cheers to my friends at Takeda! I'm excited we won't be "up in the air" for much longer.

1 comment:

  1. What a great company to work for! And what a blessing they've allowed you to work part time so far- I hope everything turns out as you had hoped! And you are right no matter what the outcome God is ultimately in control and He will guide you where he wants you to be. Sounds like you're really trusting him through this process- He will be faithful!

    ReplyDelete