Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Rubber Ducky

On March 27th, my nephew turned one. Beckham and I flew up to Charlotte for his first birthday party. My sister, Ester, planned such a special celebration for him at a beautiful local park. And as every party hostess knows, it's not complete without a theme. Jakson loves bathtime, so this one was all about ducks!

My mom smocked a cute little duck outfit for Jakson (of which I have no pictures - because he has a bib over it when he wore it).



And, she made these monogrammed bibs for the cousins.


Jakson's grandpa made this amazing cake for the little man.


And this little one for Jakson to eat. Unfortunately, he it was too much pressure and he wanted nothing to do with it!


I've been thinking about Beckham's first birthday party ever since. Now that we're four months out, I'm going to get serious about planning it. I just need to narrow down the theme... there are just so many cute ideas out there! I'm thinking Curious Beckham (after Curious George and the Monkey he loves) or Mr. Man or even a Nautical theme because Beckham loves the water. I'll have to narrow down some of his favorite things.

In the meantime, here are some sweet pictures of Beckham at the party.

I just love this face!


Uncle Marshy entertained Beckham for a long time at the park. He knew this would keep him happy! Tia Ysa, where are you?


Such great smiles...


Eating his first ever teething biscuit and loving it!


Always a burp cloth in arms reach... Papi's learned to be prepared!


Happy Birthday, Jako! I love you! I'm so glad we got to celebrate with you! And I'm even more excited because Beckham is going to have another cousin nearby. Ester, Jason and Jakson are moving to Sarasota in mid-June! It will be so fun to have her close by. By the way, Jakson... do I have something on my face? We took lots of pictures together and he just would not look at the camera. Well, at least I like the picture of me! :)

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures of Beckham. I can't wait to suck on those cheeks soon!

    ReplyDelete