Sunday, June 27, 2010

A Mother's Prayer

I attended a baby shower for a friend on Mother's Day weekend and received this sweet prayer.  I had to read aloud the two lines in bold... how appropriate!  I absolutely love this poem - how true it is.

Dear Lord,
It's such a hectic day
With little time to stop and pray
For life's been anything but calm
Since You called on me to be a Mom
Running errands, matching socks
Building dreams, with building blocks
Cooking, cleaning and finding socks
And other stuff that children lose
Fitting lids on bottled bugs
Wiping tears and giving hugs
A stack of last week's mail to read
So where's the quiet time I need?
Yet when I steal a minute, Lord
To ask the blessings of your grace
I see them, in my small one's face
That you have blessed me
All the while
And I stop to kiss
That precious smile.


This was my first official Mother's Day and it was such a special day!  We went to my sweet nephew's house (Luca) for brunch with Kammie and had some delicious food as always.  These Pullaros/Barolos/Ponaths know how to cook!



Kammie with the boys.  Luca is pondering something very important.  Beckham just wants to get all his fingers in his mouth.


It is impossible to get both boys (exactly two weeks apart) to look at the camera, get their hands out of their mouth and smile at the same time!  If you could only see what four parents and two grandparents were doing to get this!  Here are the boys with their Great Granddaddy.


My precious son (with the help of his thoughtful Daddy) made it the most special day!  I received a few lovely Mommy gifts - a gift card to buy B some new clothes at one of my favorite stores for him (Janie and Jack), a massage and a pass to take the little man to Playmania (like Gymboree but in The View)!  Beckham even helped me open all of my presents.



This is fun!



It tastes good too!



Daddy, please tell Mommy to stop squeezing me!

Then after Beckham went to bed, Justin prepared a delicious dinner - fish, scalloped potatoes, asparagus and leek soup and an amazing cookie cake.  He is quite the epicurean and most certainly outdid himself.  He even set a candlelight table with two dozen long stem roses.  The worst part is - I was miserably sick by the end of the night.  Not because of the food... just a cold Beckham and I were passing back and forth.  It's my fault - I just love to kiss him!  It's a small price to pay...



1 comment:

  1. uM, I DON'T THINK IT IS FAIR THAT YOU HAVE THE MOST THOUGHTFUL HUSBAND EVER......also, he even prepared your dinner on the "you are special" plate, really????? that is just so sweet!

    ReplyDelete