Monday, February 15, 2010

Will You Be Mine?

I have been thinking about sending out a Valentine's Day card since I mailed out my Christmas cards. But of course, I was scrambling at the last minute. I just discovered Smilebox - where you can send personalized ecards. Perfect... a Valentine's ecard it is! Maybe next year I can get my act together - or at least find a better Valentine's Day outfit for little Beckham! That "Sweetheart" t-shirt isn't exactly what I envisioned. But, there were no Valentine's bibs to be found at Babies 'R Us or Target this weekend. I happened to find this little t-shirt as I was about to checkout at Target - $1 and 30% off! For one picture, it was worth it.

CHECK OUT THE CARD HERE

♥-Day Traditions

For the last five or so years, we've been celebrating Valentine's Day with the Codes. Jordan and JP make dinner (well, JP makes dinner and Jordan supervises!). The girls relax and enjoy being served! Jordan also picks a movie for us to watch after dinner, which has yet to be a true Valentine's Day flick. This year we watched "The Invention of Lying". We're actually improving from years past - Pride & Glory, The Departed and The Waitress. Paige and I decided we were going to pick the movie next year.


The menu this year: New York Strip with a Dark Chocolate Glaze and Buffalo Mac & Cheese. It was delicious! Paige made a fabulous dessert - a Tiramisu Trifle. We took a huge risk by taking this picture. It could have been disastrous! Beckham is constantly spitting up. Thank goodness he didn't ruin the dessert!


We also enjoyed some delicious Wedding Cake Martinis. Paige has been talking about it for a couple years. She tried it at a friend's bridal shower and had wanted to make them ever since. We haven't been able to make them until now because Paige was pregnant two years ago and I was pregnant last year. So, this was the year of the martinis!

2 comments:

  1. Beckham is going to love his sweets... look at the intesity of his stare as he gazes into the chocolatey goodness.

    That's my boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH PLEASE tell me you are getting addicted!! I was beaming when I was reading your post.....I loved it~ and love you !

    ReplyDelete