Friday, October 22, 2010

Look Whoo's Two!

Time is passing me by faster than I can blog about it... so since I've officially missed Beckham's 1st birthday (I will get around to blogging about it one day soon; well at least before he turns two!), I'll start my forgotten and neglected blog with the celebration of Beckham's favorite little girl, Finley! 


I got a little trigger happy and took more than 200 pictures.  Needless to say, I'm going to keep it simple so that I can actually finish a blog post and not keep it in my drafts folder.  I'm sure Finley's Mommy will have all the sweet details and more on her blog if you want to check it out. 

Finley had a little owl party and every detail matched the occasion - from owl backpacks for the chairs, cookies, table cloths, centerpieces, Finley's birthday skirt and even Beckham's shirt (from Etsy)!  It was all so very sweet. 





The kids enjoyed blowing bubbles (and some eating them) on the front porch, some dinner and cake, then swinging and running around the front lawn.  JP never wants to take a family picture, but I managed to snag this special father-son moment during all the playtime.



We tried to get a picture of the four little kids - a task nearly impossible!  This isn't necessarily the best one, but the funniest indeed.  I love how K-man is hugging on Beckham.  (It's the best place to be - between two Gators!)  Javen is enjoying his sippy cup (we had to keep everyone distracted so they would actually sit still!) and Finley's expression is priceless.  I think she's ready to get away from the boys!


We were able to get some really cute pictures of Finley and Beckham.  I think I'm going to save this for the wedding slideshow!  :)


 A couple pictures of the birthday family... soon to be four!



Finley's giving her party a thumb's up!   Meanwhile, Beckham's not shy about how exhausting a birthday party can be.  My little man got to stay up late and enjoyed every minute of it! 

On a side note, I am very proud of the fact that Beckham will wear a hat!  It didn't come easily, but I was determined.  After his birthday party (where he wouldn't wear his hat), I decided I needed to try to fix this.  So on his actual birthday, I worked with him all day to keep his hat on.  I made him wear that crazy birthday hat everywhere - around the house, to the park, to lunch at Chick-fil-A, etc.  Some lessons pay off... ha!


 Happy 2nd Birthday Finley-Bear!  We love you dearly! 


1 comment:

  1. Awe, precious commentary...Thanks, Raquel. Glad you blogged about this, because I am finding NO time to blog on mine. :) HA!
    Love you

    ReplyDelete